ANWIO Smart Light Bulb BR30 RGB Color Changing LED WiFi Dimmable Multicolor Light Bulbs E26 Base9.4/10 (Expert Score)
ANWIO Smart Light Bulb BR30 RGB Color Changing LED WiFi Dimmable Multicolor Light Bulbs E26 Base, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, No Hub Required, 650 Lumen 8.5W (60W Equivalent) 4 Pack
- 21 REVIEWS SMART LIFE
- 20 REVIEWS LIFE APP
- 55 REVIEWS LIGHT BULB
- 9 REVIEWS MAKE SURE
- 22 REVIEWS EASY TO SET
- 35 REVIEWS COLOR CHANGING
- 33 REVIEWS EASY TO USE
- 17 REVIEWS EASY TO INSTALL
- 4 REVIEWS USER ERROR
- 9 REVIEWS CHANGING LED
- 9 REVIEWS EASY TO SETUP
- 49 REVIEWS SMART LIGHTS
- 4 REVIEWS LIVING ROOM
- 19 REVIEWS WORKS GREAT
- 7 REVIEWS RGB COLOR
- 5 REVIEWS GOOD VALUE
- 8 REVIEWS ALEXA OR GOOGLE
- 3 REVIEWS BEAT OF MUSIC
- 3 REVIEWS GOOGLE ASSISTANT
- 8 REVIEWS TUYA SMART
Voice Control: ANWIO Smart bulb 4 Pack compatible with Alexa Echo and Google Home Assistant, control the wifi bulb via your voice, No hub required. (e.g.??Alexa, set the bedroom to purple??)
Top Positive Review
I saw these Smartbulbs had decent reviews. My experience with installing them was not straight-forward. The directions in the box are missing some very important information. Here is what I found:
1. If you are installing multiple bulbs operated by the same switch, install one bulb, program it, remove it, then program each additional bulb. The power sequence for starting the pairing process will cause all lights to go into pairing mode if they are on the same light switch. Once you’ve got all your bulbs programmed, then you can install all of them.
2. Pairing is a pain. I have a 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi router. During the paring process, make sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi on the 2.4GHz network. The app will try to use any Wi-Fi connection you already have and that will cause issues.
3. Make sure you allow the app permission for “Nearby devices.” It will show “Turn on Bluetooth” until you do. I wish the app would just ask for permission upon installation, but it will not.
4. Getting the bulbs to go into pairing mode can be very annoying. I found the best method is to turn the lights off three times instead of two in the sequence before they will start blinking.
5. I do not recommend installing these lights on a dimmer switch. If you do, they may blink upon installation or adjustment off the dimmer. To fix this, adjust the dimmer switch just until they stop. If they never stop blinking, try the bulb in a lamp that is plugged into an outlet. This will tell you if the bulb is bad or the dimmer switch is the problem. Some dimmer switches have electronic circuits built into them for LED dimmable bulbs over a traditional potentiometer to smooth out voltage and this will cause problems for these bulbs. These bulbs are dimmable through the app.
6. With multiple bulbs, you can group them together in the app for programming. This is a nice feature.
7. Make sure you update your bulbs if not asked upon pairing.
There is a cool feature in the app that sounds like a real winner, such as the rhythm feature where you program your lights to emulate the sun rising and setting. This can be helpful for those who need to wake up before the sun does and you want to improve your circadian rhythm.
Top Critical Review
When I first installed 2 of these bulbs I loved them. They are easy to adjust, light is perfect, etc. They initially worked very well off the app or off Alexa. Then something changed. I can’t say what. I suspect software update on something (bulb, app or Alexa), but can’t prove its that.
So now they work with the app most of the time. They work with Alexa if you reinstall them and for the first few hours I use them, then it just loses connection with Alexa – when all my other devices are working just fine. So I reinstall them, its works again and loses connection again, and so on…..
When this happens the app works just fine. An most of the time, if I hard power down the lamp and power it back up again, it gets its connection back again. Kind of pointless automation……I am hoping something gets updated somewhere, otherwise they need to go in the trash.
Customer Questions & Answers
Answer: Yes, they offer music sync via the app.
How to install
First, turn the bulb directly into the lighting base
How to connect with Tuya or smart life App?:
? Download the Tuya or Smart Life app, register an account and login
I just installed these lights and linked them to Alexa and they won’t stop blinking. What do I do?
Do you have a dimmer switch? If so make sure the dimmer switch is set to 100%. Only dim using the app or the Echo – always leave the dimmer switch at 100%. Otherwise, did you install the Smartlife app, and possibly have it set to music sync, or one of the other settings that causes the lights to cycle through differe??
Are thest lightbulbs 3-way?
Answer: No, they are LED. They are dimmable via voice command (Echo) or via the app.
I have six connected lights on a dimmer, but all six will only work with these bulbs if one of the 6 is incandescent bulb. Why?
Answer: Remove dimmer and place a regular switch. Had same issue. Probably aren’t getting full voltage from dimmer controller.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.