Wyze Bulb Color9.5/10 (Expert Score)
Wyze Bulb Color, 1100 Lumen WiFi RGB and Tunable White A19 Smart Bulb, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant, Two-Pack
- 14 REVIEWS GOOGLE HOME
- 52 REVIEWS COLOR BULBS
- 13 REVIEWS EASY TO SET
- 18 REVIEWS SMART BULBS
- 5 REVIEWS WASTE OF MONEY
- 9 REVIEWS NETWORK CONNECTION
- 21 REVIEWS CHANGE COLOR
- 8 REVIEWS STAY CONNECTED
- 35 REVIEWS LIGHT BULB
- 6 REVIEWS EASY SETUP
- 6 REVIEWS COLOR AND COLOR TEMPERATURE
- 7 REVIEWS GOOGLE ASSISTANT
- 8 REVIEWS STOPPED WORKING
- 5 REVIEWS SEVERAL TIMES
- 6 REVIEWS SUPER EASY
- 14 REVIEWS GET THEM WORKING
- 5 REVIEWS MAKE SURE
- 21 REVIEWS COLOR CHANGING
- 16 REVIEWS CONNECT TO WIFI
- 7 REVIEWS FIRMWARE UPDATE
Brighter. Dimmer. Better. – Most color bulbs max out at 800lm. Tune ours brighter (1100lm/75W), dimmer (30lm/2W), or anywhere between with a wide-ranging lumen output that??s as intense or as subtle as you need.
Top Positive Review
I purchased a two-pack of 1100 lumen Wyze Color Bulbs. The bulbs themselves seem perfectly solid and a good value for their price. The reviews led me to think they’d appear a bit brighter than they actually are, however, it is true that they are noticeably brighter than the 800 lumen bulbs that I already own, so it was probably a case of my expectations being too high rather than a fault of the product.
However, as was noted by several other reviewers, while these devices DO work with Alexa, it’s not without some fiddling. The steps I followed, provided by a review of the Wyze skill for Alexa, by Travis:
1) Installed the Wyze app on my mobile device, set up a Wyze account, and set up the lights to work properly with it.
2) Linked accounts (I did it through the Wyze app, not sure if it makes a difference whether you do it from Wyze or Alexa).
3) Enabled the Wyze skill in the Alexa app. Wyze devices do not show up yet at this point.
4) Re-named each of the Wyze Color Bulbs in the Wyze app (don’t need to change the name, just edit it and then re-save it). As each one was saved, Alexa immediately detected them, but they showed up as unresponsive in Alexa.
5) Disabled the Wyze skill (which unlinked the Wyze and Amazon accounts) and re-enabled it (which required me to log back in and re-link accounts, this time through Alexa app instead of Wyze app).
Presto, they work.
Top Critical Review
I used to like Wyze, but recently their firmware and software just has bug after bug and they are starting to nickel and dime over everything, including monitoring. With these lights, they keep turning on without any provocation. There are tons of forums that have been asking about this for almost a year now. They claim it is a ‘power’ issue by way of fluctuation. I’ve swapped them to different areas of the house, I live in a 2 year old house and I run a lot of IT equipment that all have to be on UPS and I have constant monitors of voltage regulation and that it is constant, or I’d be out 10’s of thousands of dollars with unstable constant flow of clean power. It’s so frustrating to talk to forums and get a generic answer by someone that doesn’t even know the amount of time, money, and know how in infrastructure their customer has. Done troubleshooting. I’ll probably just sell on ebay, or toss them. I even prefer my Sengled lights over these. They are at least completely stable.
Customer Questions & Answers
Can you use Alexa to control the color and brightness/dim?
Answer: Yes, you can. You may check this article for more info: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056605772-Wyze-Bulb-Color-and-Alexa
Does this work with Google?
Answer: Yes, it will work with both Alexa and Google Assistant.
I understand you can change color and dim….but can you turn it completely off?
Answer: YES! You can turn it off completely!
esas bombillas pueden andar con 220v o solo son para 110v?
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.